Your safety is very important to us and we have social distancing measures in place to make you feel safe whilst shopping at The Craft Spot.
1. A one way system is in place to minimise close contact.
2. A screen on the counter protects both customers and staff.
3. Hand sanitiser is available and we urge you not to touch anything you do not intend to purchase if possible, although we know this is difficult.
4. Only 4 customers allowed in the shop at any one time, and only 1 from each group of family or friends, obviously carers or those with vulnerable people are allowed in together.
5. We ask you not to enter if you have any virus symptoms.
6. Wear a face mask to protect others.
7. Floor markings indicating 2 metre distance are there for your guidance, please respect others and keep your distance.
8. Surfaces such as the counter and credit card machine are cleaned regularly.
9. Staff regularly wash their hands with soap and water and also use hand gel.
10. Our door will be left open so that no contact needs to be made with it.
11. We have lowered our minimum sale on debit and credit cards and ask that you pay contactless if possible, if paying with cash please try and give the right change.
12. We ask that you do not stroke Maisy for the time being.
Yes we do, we sell both Craft and Stationery supplies. Everything you need for your office or for school, college or home.
Our minimum sale is £3.00 for any credit or debit card. We no longer accept cheques. As well as the major cards we also accept American Express. Minimum sale for all cards (at the moment) is now £2.00 whilst the covid-19 virus is prevalent, contactless payments preferred if possible.
No sorry, we do not accept payment by cheque.
We are normally closed on Bank Holidays. We may occassionally open but it is best to ring and confirm first, especially over Christmas and the week following.
Sorry but we have removed the postcard shop from our site. This is partly due to low stocks as the publisher and supplier of the postcards (J. Salmon) are no longer trading and stocks can no longer be re-ordered.
No we do not, the items you see on this site are a selection of what we keep in stock but cannot be ordered online. Please ring us if you are interested in a particular item and we can reserve it for you.
We take all major credit and debit cards including American Express.
Yes, Mr Miller retired from the shop in February 2014. From March 2014 we have been under new ownership with a new name and look. Sharon is the new owner and Louise is still employed as manager.
The Craft Spot
10 St. Botolph's Street
Essex CO2 7DU
Tel: 01206 766422
Or use our contact form.
Monday: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Tuesday: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Wednesday: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Friday: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Saturday: 10.00am - 3.00pm